Thursday, October 27, 2011

As Requested


As anyone can see….I have been highly neglectful of my blog. I blame it all on Facebook. When it comes right down to it, I can only claim plain old laziness. However, in using Facebook as my vehicle to share parts of my life, photos, and food, I have been asked several times for recipes of things I have made that I have posted to my page. So, for my next few posts, I will be providing those requested recipes.


Poached Salmon with Fresh Tomato-Basil Sauce

1/3-1/2 cup of dry white wine
1 green onion chopped
2 6-ounce, 1 inch thick skinless salmon fillet
Pinch of lemon zest
Half a clove of garlic finely chopped.

Prepare the fresh Tomato-Basil Sauce (recipe below) prior to poaching the salmon
Bring wine, onion, lemon zest and garlic to a simmer in a heavy-gauged large skillet. Add fish, cover and simmer until salmon is cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer to plates and season lightly with sea salt to taste. Spoon the sauce over the fish.

Fresh Tomato-Basil Sauce

2 very ripe roma tomatoes, diced
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
¼ cup of fresh basil chopped (to prevent basil from darkening, sprinkle lightly with a little olive oil prior to chopping)
1/8 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
A splash of Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper.

Combine the tomatoes, garlic and basil in a bowl. Add the olive oil and the vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste.

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

1 pound of brussel sprouts trimmed and halved.
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 TB of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 450⁰

Toss together the brussel sprouts, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper on a sheet pan. Roast in the upper third of the oven stirring once halfway through until sprouts are brown on the edges and tender. About 25 minutes total.


No comments: